This mask is a design we found by Grace Jun. It is a simple design that works best with a sewing machine but can be sewn by hand.
Below is what you will need.
Click here to go to the Washington Post page with complete instructions and and the downloadable pattern.
- Fabric scissors or a rotary cutter
- Ruler or ruler tape
- Pins or clips
- Sewing machine
- Thread (polyester works well for extra strength)
- Iron or heavy books
- Optional: safety pin
- Two pieces of 12-inch-long and 7.25-inch-wide 100 percent cotton fabric (tight-weave cotton or quilting cotton). If possible, use two different colors to indicate the mask’s inside and outside.
- One piece of 12-inch-long and 7.25-inch-wide interfacing or lightweight, breathable, stiff fabric.
- Fourteen inches of 1/8-inch flat elastic, stretch yarn or additional fabric for ties.