This mask is a design we found by Grace Jun. It is a simple design that works best with a sewing machine but can be sewn by hand.
Below is what you will need.
- Fabric scissors or a rotary cutter
- Ruler or ruler tape
- Pins or clips
- Sewing machine
- Thread (polyester works well for extra strength)
- Iron or heavy books
- Optional: safety pin
- Two pieces of 12-inch-long and 7.25-inch-wide 100 percent cotton fabric (tight-weave cotton or quilting cotton). If possible, use two different colors to indicate the mask’s inside and outside.
- One piece of 12-inch-long and 7.25-inch-wide interfacing or lightweight, breathable, stiff fabric.
- Fourteen inches of 1/8-inch flat elastic, stretch yarn or additional fabric for ties.